June 2018 Clinics and Tryouts
Clinics and Tryouts for 9U-19U players for the 2018-2019 season will be held in June 2018
Effective in August of 2016, the United States Soccer Federation changed the process of how age groups were organized. Age group designations are based on the calendar year, not the school year. The cutoff for all ages groups is January 1. This means that all players born in the same calendar year from January 1 of the same year until December 31 of the same year are grouped together on the same team. There is a matrix below that you will need to view in order to calculate your child’s soccer age. To reiterate, all soccer players born in the same calendar year will play in the same age group.
Another way to check that you have calculated your child's soccer age correctly will occur when you register online. You will enter your child's birthday in the fields required and the online system will list your child's soccer age. You will attend the age group for clinics and tryouts that is listed.
(Please note that we will consider kids born in 2011 for the 9U teams. Kids that are 2012 birth years are true 8U players next year, but our youngest year round groups are 9U teams. However, we have always allowed boys and girls to join during the 8U year for those kids that are ready for year round soccer. These kids will be considered and evaluated by our director of coaching, Jon Cook, to evaluate whether it makes sense for the child to play "up" in the 9U program. )
If you are interested in joining the ISC but did not try out during the month of June, please contact Jon Cook @ email@example.com
2018 Clinics and Tryouts process (Ages 9U-19U):
1. Review programs for our different Levels of Play.
- Clinics & Tryouts are required for our Advanced Year-Round program, Practice-Only Program (POP), and Practice-Only Program Plus Indoor (POPPI) players.
- We do not hold clinics and tryouts occur for our other programs such as our ISC Academy Recreational Program and our ISC Lightning Intermediate Program.
2. Review commitment expectations for Advanced Year-Round and POPPI Players
Advanced Year-Round Commitment Expectations:
POPPI Commitment Expectations:
- 9U-19U POPPI Commitment Expectations 2018-2019 (Coming Soon)
POP Commitment Expectations:
- 9U-19U POP Commitment Expectations 2018-2019 (Coming Soon)
3. Review tournament commitment policy for Advanced Year-Round players:
- 2018-2019 ISC Tournament Commitment Policy (UPDATED FOR 2018-2019 SEASON)
4. Review the dates and additional info for clinics and tryouts below
- ISC 9U-12U Information and Clinic Dates for 2017-2018 Season (Coming Soon)
- ISC 13U-19U Information and Tryout Dates for 2017-2018 Season (Coming Soon)
5. Review the club fees for 2018-2019
- 2018-2019 Club Fees (UPATED FOR 2018-2019 SEASON)
2018 Clinics and Tryouts Registration (Ages 9U-19U):
There is a $25 Clinic/Tryout Registration Fee for all players.
(Please have a photo ready to upload when you register. A photo is required when you register for clinics and tryouts AND a photo will be required if you decide to join after the notification date.)
2. Finalize 2018 Clinic & Tryout Registration by attending one of the available registration times at the Clinic/Tryout Site. This registration process will only take a few minutes.
The following dates below are set for the 2018 Pre-Clinic & Pre-Tryout Registration for year round programs:
- May 31: 5:15 PM-8:15 PM @ Iowa City Kicker's Soccer Park
- June 4, 5, 6, 7: 5:15-8:15 PM @ Clinic/Tryout Site
- June 11, 12, 13, 14: 5:15-8:15 PM @ Clinic/Tryout Site
- June 19, 20, 21: 5:15-8:15 PM @ Clinic/Tryout Site
- June 26 5:15-8:15 PM @ Clinic/Tryout Site
- A parent/guardian must be present with their child for all all groups at the time of check-in at the clinic/tryout registration site. At this time, each player will receive a t-shirt for clinics/tryouts and paper work with important information will be distributed to the parent/guardian. New parents may have other questions regarding ISC and we will have staff and volunteers present that will answer your questions. The t-shirt must be worn to all clinics/tryouts. This process will take approximately ten minutes.
- If applying for need-based financial assistance the Financial Assistance Application for 2018-2019 season must be turned in before your child is approved to attend clinics or tryouts.
3. Attend Clinics/Tryouts.
- All clinics and tryouts held on Monday nights will be held at the Coralville Youth Sports Park located at 2480 Dempster Drive, Coralville, IA 52241.
- All clinics and tryouts held on Tuesday-Thursday nights will be held at the the Iowa City Kicker's Soccer Park located at 4400 Soccer Park Road, Iowa City, IA 52240.
- Possible rain out site might be indoors at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex (HTRC) located at 2820 Prairie Meadow Drive, Iowa City, IA 52246. We will update via e-mail each day of clinics and tryouts.
- Please see Dates & Additional Information Documents above for details on all Clinic and Tryout times available for each age group.
- Attendance is required for at least 2 clinics/tryouts.
- 2018 Master Clinic & Tryout Schedule
4. Receive Notification of placement via e-mail.
- Notification Date for 9U to 12U age groups will be Monday, June 18, 2018
- Notification Date for 13U and Older age groups will be Thursday, June 28, 2018
5. Accept or Decline roster spot within the given hours of receiving Notification E-mail.
- 9U-12U Players must respond via email to the ISC staff regarding your decision to join for the next year within 12 hours of e-mail offer on June 18.
- 13U-19U Players must respond via email to the ISC staff regarding your decision to join for next year within 12 hours of e-mail offer on June 28.
6. Finalize the 2018 Post-Clinic & Tryout Registration